Thursday, August 27, 2015

An interview with Taryn, by Taryn

Taryn: Hello, and welcome to the interview!

Taryn: Hi! It's so great to be here. Nice to meet you.

T: Nice to meet you too. Is it okay if we start the interview?

T: It's fine with me.

T: Great! So, first question: why did you start Taryn's Travels?

T: When I was ten years old I had already been out of the country several times with my doll Kayla. I told my mom I wanted to start writing a travel blog. She helped me set it up, and here we are now!

T: Your readers have probably noticed you don't post as much about travel, though.

T: Yeah, sorry guys. It's more like I want to just write about my life than just the travel bits. I would probably write more travel stuff if I were allowed to update on the go, but someone--ahem, my mom--won't let me, on the very slight chance that someone will find out where we live and break into the house. Not that I want that to happen, but, y'know. 

T: I do know. What is your favorite thing to write about?

T: Um........I guess, anything that happens to me that I can put a sarcastic spin on, and big things happening in the world. Like Target deciding to remove pink from the "girls' toys" aisles and blue from the "boys' toys" aisle. I should probably actually write a post about that (even though it's old news), because I am so happy now that Target is being less gender-stereotypical than before! :D

T: What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishments in life?

T: Well, I won fifth place at my first climbing competition, so that made me happy. I mean, top five, people! I'm also happy about the video I slaved over worked very hard on with my Cadette friends, and the fact that I've been writing in a journal every day for almost eleven months now. I've almost finished my third journal. I write about my day.

T: School is almost starting, and this year, it means something to you! Are you excited?

T: OH YES! I have my outfit all planned out--every detail down to the color of my hair elastic--and a fuzzy blue pencil case and a cool stripey backpack. I also had to complete some math homework because I'm taking algebra (ideally).

T: Anything not so exciting?

T: Well, the early mornings I guess, but I'll get used to it, and the sunrises will be really pretty. The thing I really don't like is the over-the-summer reading assignment, where we have to design a postcard with the "picture" being an illustration of our favorite scene from the book. I can't illustrate. I tried colored pencils. I thought about acrylics, but I don't want to waste them cause they're Kathy's and my mom's and also really expensive. And I'd need a canvas. Those are intimidating. Today I made myself at least try the illustration bit by making a word cloud, which is actually a word lightbulb because the book I chose for my report is The City Of Ember. Maybe I can just skip the illustration and lose a point. I don't care. I mean, it's a book report.

T: I would advise you against that, but it's your project and also none of my business. Er, so, what do you do in your spare time?

T: Climb.

T: Besides that?

T: Well, I've been on a baking spree lately. I read a lot, play Minecraft, and watch Avatar.

T: The blue people movie?

T: Noooooooooooo, the cartoon. It's in my profile.

T: Right, sorry. What's your favorite emoji?

T: The eggplant!!!!!

T: Okay, then! ...why?

T: Not sure. I don't really like eggplant. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment