Saturday, December 19, 2015

:(

Not sure why, but I'm feeling very weird after asking my parents if I could go Christmas-gift-shopping for my friends. Almost like they're opposed to the idea. The parents, not the friends. What's up with that? Yes, two of the friends in question have already given me gifts, but I want to give them presents OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF MY HEART. No, I've only got three friends I'm shopping for--I'm not going to buy crazy-expensive gifts. Yes, there are some things that I can make, but I want to give more than a pair of homemade earrings. 

So what the heck, parents. I'm not being unreasonable.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm. speaking as a parent, i am super-fond of the idea of homemade presents. i like giving them and receiving them. remember me and the Knitting of All the Hats?

    i sense that you think a pair of homemade earrings is somehow not enough. please let me assure you that it is. especially to someone who is well-familiar with the time, energy, and love that goes into making something homemade. those people KNOW. they totally GET IT.

    neither one of you are being unreasonable. you want to give something that you are certain your friends will appreciate because you know their tastes and likes and dislikes. your parents probably don't want you to doubt your own creativity and capacity to handmake something of excellent caliber.

    :)

    ReplyDelete