Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Horse-drawn Carriage

When my family and I were in Bruges, we took a tour of the city on a horse-drawn carriage. I was so excited. It was a fairy tale ending to our trip to Bruges, riding around like a royal family.

We walked out to the Markt, which is the Bruges town center, in the evening. When we reached the carriages, a guide offered to take us around, and soon, we were off!


Our horse
We passed some interesting-looking trees. Their branches were bent at ninety-degree angles. That cannot be natural! Sadly, I don't know how the branches grew like that, since our tour guide didn't know, either. 
Earlier, we had walked around and found some of those trees. 

If your parents are desperate for a tour of a city, and it's your life's ambition to ride in a horse-drawn carriage, this is a great compromise. I just hope your tour guide is more helpful than mine!

Kathy and Daddy in the carriage

Kayla and me in the carriage

  

No comments:

Post a Comment