Sunday, September 22, 2013

Papercraft! Papercraft! Papercraft!

When Kathy's friend came over to play one day, she brought over a Minecraft creeper made of folded paper and tape. I am a huge fan of Minecraft, so I begged the friend tell us the name of the website where she had gotten the creeper. 
The creeper

The website is called Papercraft. It has a bunch of mobs and blocks you print out.  They're unfolded, like this:
An unfolded NPC (non-player character) villager 

Folding the mobs was pretty hard at first. I got so frustrated I cried! But later Daddy showed me a cool technique for folding and tape-adding, and now I am Papercraft obsessed So far I have made:


  • A block of diamond ore
  • A bed
  • A furnace
  • A crafting table
  • A cake
  • A TNT block
  • A pig

My creations. From left to right: Diamond ore, the pig,
the furnace, the crafting table, the cake, the TNT, and
the bed.
Kathy folded:
  • A bed
  • A baby creeper
Kathy's bed and baby creeper. Isn't it cute?
The next thing I'm going to attempt to fold is the villager (above). Hopefully, I won't get too frustrated. =)


2 comments:

  1. papercrafting can be frustrating, but i'm glad you stuck with it. i feel the same about origami. some of those folds just don't seem to be possible! i have to take a break and come back when my mind and fingers are a little quieter, and the success i have in folding relaxes and calms me even more.

    if you like doing these, you might also enjoy http://www.thetoymaker.com/ . we'll be heading into her halloween town soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the intro to Papercraft! I'm going to print out some papers & make--a creeper.

    --MiMi

    ReplyDelete