Saturday, September 28, 2013

Smile!

I recently started arranging my dry cereal or crackers into smiley faces when I eat them.
Cheese crackers. This was the first smile I made with
food.
Made with Yummy Mummy cereal (and one marshmallow)


Count Chocula
Yummy Mummy marshmallows


Chocolate chips
I think this one was made of Count Chocula marshmallows.
Not sure.

This one was star sequins. Not food, but hey, it's nice.

New Moon Girls magazine had an article about kids with cleft palates, a condition that disfigures the nose and mouth, and how girls like me can help these kids. When you find a smile in the world around you, you take a picture of it. You pledge to donate money for each picture of a smile to a charity that provides surgeries for kids with cleft palates.


You can also host a smile-a-thon. Ask family, friends, and neighbors to find or make smiley faces and take a picture of them and pledge money to donate to a cleft palate charity.

It's very fun to make smiles. You can do that too, or host a smile-a-thon yourself! (I actually haven't done that yet. Something to talk to my mom about.)                                                                                                    




1 comment:

  1. That smile-a-thon sounds like a cool idea! Let me know if you organize one.

    P.S. I like the Count Chocula smile... I had that cereal for the first time a few weeks ago. My mom wouldn't let me buy that cereal when I was little because it was too sugary, haha! - Aunt U

    ReplyDelete