Monday, June 9, 2014

Cuddles the therapy cat

Hi readers! Mommy is training our fluffiest, most attention-loving cat, Cuddles, to be a therapy cat. A therapy cat is a cat that gets taken to hospitals or senior living centers so the people there get to pet a cat.

In order to be a therapy animal, your pet must: 
  • not be too scared of loud noises
  • be neatly groomed and have its nails trimmed
  • be willing to let people other than the handler pet it
  • react calmly (no hissing or spitting) to light ear tugs, gentle tail tugs, etc.

Anyway, as part of training, Mommy has to get Cuddles used to wearing a harness and being walked on a leash. So we take him outside, and walk him up and down the sidewalk in front of our house. He really likes it--in fact, as I write this he's staring out the window, meowing!

I got some pics:

Starting the walk
What's this?



I'm just going to eat it. Yum...

Cuddles' point of view

No, I'm staying here. You can't make me move!


You made me move.

I hope you liked the Cuddles pics! --Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment