Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I GOT A NUMBER

So I've been doing algebra since the start of the school year. I have since then accepted the fact that, after getting many, many solutions like                                   (x-y)(x^2+y^2)          2(n-2)(n-1)
                       ------------------  and  -------------
                             (x+y)^3                 (n+2)^2

that I will never again have an actual integer as an answer to the problem I'm working on. 

But today, I had a problem starting like this:

  3d^2-9d+6       6-2d
---------------- * --------
2d^2-10d+12     3-3d

Eventually I ended up with: 

3(d-1)     2(3-d)
-------- * ---------
2(d-3)     3(1-d)

Mommy helped me from there. We figured out that the solution to the problem was 1.*

1.

1.

1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a number, I got a number...<throws confetti>



*This is assuming that d does not equal 1, 2, or 3.

2 comments: