Wednesday, June 5, 2013

10th Birthday Brunch in New York

In New York City, my mom and I woke up early to go to American Girl Place for brunch.

American Girl Place is five stories tall! What can they put in a five story doll store?

We ate brunch at 9:30. Even Kayla got a seat! We had mini cinnamon rolls for an amuse bouche (French for "appetizer"). While we were waiting for the rest of the food, Mommy discovered a basket full of discussion questions. For example: if you could choose three girls in books to be friends with, who would you choose?
Kayla, that's my Shirley Temple!

The questions entertained us until the rest of our food came--a quiche for Mommy, French toast with strawberries for me. I drank a Shirley Temple, which is a virgin cocktail with lemon lime soda and grenadine syrup. So yummy! Mommy sipped a mimosa (a grown-up drink with champagne and orange juice).
Too many choices, so little time...

When we had finished our food the waitress gave us each a BIG piece of cake, along with some vanilla ice cream in mini-flowerpots. Everyone sitting near our table, the waiters and waitresses, and Mommy sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

Mommy and I couldn't finish our cake because we were too full!  We ended up just taking it back to the apartment/hotel and eating it for lunch. With our fingers!


Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment