Friday, June 7, 2013

A Good Day at Keukenhof

Mommy, Daddy, Joy (my little sister), Kayla, and I took a bus to the famous Keukenhof gardens. To get to the bus stop, we had to take another bus! The line for the Keukenhof bus was so long that by the time we boarded it, there was almost no space left. Joy and I got to sit down, but not Mommy and Daddy. Lucky for the people who did not make it onto our crowded bus (but unlucky for us), another bus came around the corner for them. Oh well. If Mommy and Daddy hadn't made us rush, all of us would have gotten seats.


One of the interesting flowers in the greenhouse
Surprisingly, the first thing we did when we arrived was not to go look at the flowers, it was to get something to eat! I got a cranberry and white chocolate cookie, and Mommy and Joy shared an almond pastry called a Gevulde Koek.

Then we went to explore the gardens. I was hoping for postcard-quality fields of tulips, but when we saw them, we saw lots of green. Darn. We were visiting too early in the season. Next, we went inside a greenhouse where there were so many different, interesting, colorful flowers that we decided that that was our amazing tulip fields.    


Me, jumping on the zipline
I realized the map showed a playground. Hurray! Hurray! I love playgrounds! We had to go there. The European ones are usually more challenging (and more fun) than the American ones. This one had ropes to climb on, bars to dangle from, and a zipline you sit on to ride. Climbing around on the ropes made me feel like I was on top of the world.

The bus ride back to Amsterdam was less crowded than the one we took to get to the gardens, so that meant everyone in my family got seats. That was good because after walking around for the whole day, we needed to sit down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment