Friday, April 25, 2014

Taryn the origamist

Hi readers! 

On Monday, I started doing origami. Miss Dawn and Diana helped me with a few things, and now I'm having tons of fun with it! Here are a few of my creations:
The house is the object under the cicada. There's also another cicada in front of the house.

Two blossoms and a frog.
Top: piano. Left: sitting fox. Right: another blossom.

Sometimes I do get frustrated with myself and the origami, but I still have fun doing it. So far my favorite things to fold are frogs and the blossoms. 

Oh, I get instructions from this site. Also, Kathy and I coined the term "origamist" last night. It means a person who does origami. 

Have fun with origami!--Taryn

P.S. Thanks to my FIFTY-SEVEN readers who inspired me to write this!




2 comments:

  1. you go, girl!

    since it is poetry month, i checked out some poetry collections at the library. one is called fold me a poem by kristine george. i thought of our time at sewing circle doing origami. i think you might enjoy the book - but you'll have to wait until i return it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, those are so colorful and pretty. I also get frustrated with crafts sometimes, but I find patience and taking a break helps me come back and do a better job. Your Uncle T. who lives in MN is good at origami! I bet he would show you some this summer.

    ReplyDelete