Friday, April 4, 2014

The Adventure Science Center

Hi readers! I decided that instead of one big Nashville post, I'll have a lot of little posts with my favorite stories. Here's the first one!

So, the Adventure Science Center. It was totally awesome. Zelda and I rode on the "flight simulator" except it simulated a roller coaster, not a flight. (You can make it seem like a flight if you want, though.)

I was pretty nervous about riding the simulator at first, but after I'd done it, I wanted to go again. And the best part? I could! You have to pay up front for special tickets, and Kathy and Yessa (Zelda's younger sister) didn't want to ride on it after watching it spin and twist and flip. (When I got off, I saw the video Mommy took of the simulator in action. I wouldn't have wanted to ride on it either because it looked so crazy!)

Zelda and I are ready to ride the simulator...

again.
The simulator doing one of its many flips
After Zelda and I were done, we went over to Kathy and Yessa. They had found a place where you could lift a car off the ground!
Lifting...lifting...

Success!

Next, we all went to an activity where you could "walk with the moon's reduced gravity".  It was fun, but the harnesses were uncomfortable and gave me a wedgie. 
Kathy and Yessa
Me, adjusting my harness


The harness is tightened around you, and then a rope is hooked on.
It pulls you up, therefore the "reduced gravity".
Doing the Flappy Dance

Zelda's a natural!
Whee!!!!!!!!!!!
 After that, we went to the body section of the museum. I saw an actual brain preserved in a jar of something, a cat skeleton, and went down a slide that made a fart noise at the end! 
Cat skeleton


Human brain
Zelda and I also played a game that was sort of like laser tag, except you shoot targets, not people. The targets were supposed to be germs and T cells, I think, and you could either be on the germ team or the T cell team. Zelda and I played on the germ team. We lost.

AND there was a place where you could shoot baskets in a wheelchair. I think that was so you could see what it's like to be handicapped and wanting to play basketball. 
Handicapped basketball 
I could tell you more, but the things above were the highlights for me, and I'd probably bore you to death with anymore details.

Stay tuned for the next Nashville story! --Taryn






1 comment:

  1. i would NEVER get bored with your details! in fact, seeing your photos and reading about your experience makes me think about planning a trip for us!

    keep, it up, my young friend. i am interested in what you have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete