Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My to-do list for Japan

Hi readers! My family is planning a trip to Japan, and yesterday, Mommy asked me and Kathy to find a few activities we'd like to do in Kyoto. Here are mine!
  • Kyoto Botanical Gardens. According to the website Inside Kyoto, it rivals the Kyoto Imperial Palace Park as one of the best parks in all of Kyoto. It's a great place for strolling and cherry blossom viewing, if you come at the right time of year.
  • The Kimono Design Gallery. JapanTravel claims you can lose yourself in the variety of gorgeous, colorful kimono designs. You can also make your own kimono print!
  • The Crocheted Playground. Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam spent three years crocheting this awesome playground out of colorful yarn. I wonder how much it took?
Giant Playground Made Of Crocheted Yarn
Image from here

  • I would love to eat some Kyotan (if that's a word) pickles. JapanTravel says "the history of Kyoto pickles is the history of Kyoto cuisine itself". There are forty-one varieties of the pickles. Some of the most famous types include Seigoin turnip and Katsura gourd, but the kind I really want to try are the bamboo shoots.
I cannot wait to go to Japan! --Taryn 



1 comment: