Monday, January 13, 2014

Adventures of Kayla and Flu, #2: WE WANT COOKIES!

Hello readers! Pssst, this is Kayla and Flu using Taryn's computer. Don't tell her! Enjoy the story!

Flu: Hey Kayla, is there something to eat? I'm hungry. 
Kayla: Flu, you're always hungry. You were in our last story. In fact, our two adventures have started with you saying something like, "Kayla, I'm hungry".
Flu: No, that was you. 
Kayla: It doesn't matter. Let's go get a snack.
Flu: What will we eat?

Kayla: Cookies!

Flu: Must...have...cookies...
Kayla: I'll get them.

Flu: Hey Kayla, wait for me! We can have a great cookie hunt!
Kayla: Fine.
 Kayla: No cookies here.
 Flu: Or here.

 Flu: Hey, this spins!

Flu: Whee!
 Flu: Uh-oh. Dark. I don't like the dark. Oh no. HOW DO YOU STOP THIS THING?!?!?!?!?!

Flu: Help! Kayla! Somebody! I hate the dark! And spiders! And boiled spinach! Although that's not in here.
[calms down for a second, then freaks out even more] I ALWAYS KNEW I'D DIE THIS WAY!
Kayla: [finally hears Flu] Flu? Is that you? I'm coming!



Kayla [grunts]: Oof!


Flu: Thanks for rescuing me, Kayla. 
Kayla: No problem. How did you get in that cabinet anyway?
Flu: Well, I was looking for cookies, and--
Narrator: Hey, what are you guys doing?
Kayla: We wanted cookies.
Narrator: They're up on top of the fridge.

Narrator: You can always ask me for help, you know. I'll get the cookies.
Kayla: Thanks, Narrator!
Flu: Yeah. Flu...must...have...cooooooookies...


Kayla: Let's go eat.
 Kayla: Here cookies! Come to Kayla!
Flu: And flu!
Kayla: Right. Here cookies! Come to Kayla and Flu!




 Kayla: Ah-ha! Found 'em!
Flu: Aw, they're all broken. [sad face]
Kayla: Don't worry, Flu. It's not like the flavor fell out.
Flu: You're right. Yay for broken cookies!

2 comments:

  1. oh. my. goodness. this OOZES sweetness! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these picture stories. I'm glad flu wasn't stuck in the lazy Susan very long. Although that might be a nice place to curl up with a snack and a good book (as long as you have a flashlight).

    ReplyDelete