Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Time at Girl Scout Camp

Hello readers! Nothing really exciting here. I just have to write this because it's part of my schoolwork, and also I haven't posted for a while. Seriously. Go ahead and stop reading this. I don't really blame you. Oh wait! Wonderful Mommy is about to give me a writing prompt. Here it is: I can either write about what the Greeks did to people who talked about irrational numbers in public (weird, that's a subject for another post), the different snows I experienced this year (boring, also, what the heck does that mean??) or my favorite part of summer camp. Which one would you choose? Me too!

My favorite part of summer camp is just BEING there. The only camps I've been to are nature camps and sleepaway Girl Scout camp. Which one would you rather hear about? I can't read your minds, however, and I also don't remember everything about nature camp, so you'll have to settle for sleepaway.

So the Girl Scout camp I went to was the only one in our state with flush toilets. (Don't ask. Latrines--non-flushing toilets--stink like you cannot imagine.) I went with my friend Zelda, and we had the time of out lives. Or at least, I did. Here's how to have the best time at Girl Scout camp:

Wednesday: Arrive at camp. Check in, find living unit, set up bed, say good-bye to mom, start bandana-coloring craft, introduce yourself, and learn names of counselors and bunkmates/people in living unit. Play game after dinner. Go to sleep happy, with a mosquito net over you.

Thursday: Wake up at 7:00 a.m. Head down to playing field and watch flag ceremony. Eat breakfast, walk down to pool while singing songs, take swim test, ace swim test, do swimnastics (underwater flips and handstands), jump into deep end on pool noodles. When finished, play Twister at another living unit, and visit ADORABLE/cool animals at the animal habitat. Then, go canoeing or kayaking. Feel undersides of lily pads, which are super slimy. Later, receive care package containing white bear that everyone signs.

Friday: Last day. Wake up early and stay in bed while playing Mad Libs with bunkmates. Giggle so loudly, counselor has to come tell you to be quiet, which just makes you laugh harder. When 7:00 a.m. rolls around, your living unit conducts flag ceremony. After breakfast, go to pool again. Pretend pool noodle is a car. Much later, pack up and play games to pass the time while waiting for dad to pick you up. When he comes, bid farewell to counselors and friends. Vow to come back next summer. 

 
  

3 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to think about summertime when it is so cold out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do remember that at nature camp a friend and I found a water snake, and I got trapped in the bathroom for like 10 seconds. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh, i'm so glad you posted about this. i know diana will have a FABULOUS time with you this summer at camp!

    also, have you watched vi hart's video on pythagoras? diana and i crack up over it each time we watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1E7I7_r3Cw

    and seriously, i love snow. and taking pictures of it. and writing about it. and you could write about snowball, our bunny. that would count, right? ;)

    happy to see you in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete