Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Seven places that I want to go before I die

Do you have a place (or two, or three, or ten) you want to visit before you die, but you just haven't had a chance to go?  Maybe it's close to you, or maybe it's far away. It could be an amusement park, or another country. You can tell me where you want to go in the comment box. 

Here are my choices (not in order):

1. Maine. It just sounds so wonderful--blueberries, seafood, the ocean, lots of white Christmases...ah.

2. Italy. I want to see the Colosseum, go up the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and swim in the Mediterranean Sea.

3. California. California has a JELLY BEAN FACTORY THAT YOU CAN TOUR, good playgrounds, and awesome skateparks. All of which I want to go to.

4. Greece. I've only had a kind-of gyro. I'd like to get an authentic one, from Greece.

5. Alaska. For the midnight sun in the summer, or in the winter, the Aurora Borealis.

6. Sweden. Lovely meatballs, lingonberry juice, scrumptious cured salmon...I guess my taste buds really want to go.

7. Hawaii. The gorgeous Pacific Ocean, leis made of REAL FLOWERS, great skateparks, shave ice.

 

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to visit a lot of the same places as you! (Not in any order):

    1. Maine because of the ocean, seafood. It seems like such a peaceful place.

    2. Hawaii. This is cheating because I've been there before, but I haven't visited the Big Island or Kauai yet. The food is delicious, the weather is perfect.

    3. Vietnam. I have been here, but I was 15 and don't remember it well. It would be wonderful if I could visit with my parents, since they can show me around, like where they used to live and teach and where my siblings were born.

    4. Norway because this highway on the ocean looks incredible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__AhijdLmaE

    ReplyDelete
  2. having lived in california and personally toured the jelly belly factory, i agree that's a must-see.

    we had family living in maine and so we went several times. if you can, sail on a windjammer boat while you are there. incomparable experience.

    i'd love to go to greece, too, and see where my father was born. he always jokes that his birthplace was under the shadow of mount olympus and that his hardy immune system was forged from playing the dirt in the marketplaces as a young boy.

    i'd also like to go to alaska and hawaii. never been to either.

    australia. i'd even learn to scuba dive to see the great coral reef up close. yup, that's my biggie.

    also, anywhere i could go swimming and interact with manatees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a reminder to add London to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought it was the leaning tower of pizza.

    ReplyDelete