Sunday, February 2, 2014

Happy birthday to me!

Hello, readers! Guess what. It's my birthday! I'm eleven! YAY! No, being eleven doesn't feel different from being ten. But I love thinking knowing that I'm one year older.

Interesting fact: when you turn eleven (or twelve, or ten, or any age), it's actually the END of your eleventh year, not the start. Wonder why? Think of it this way: when you were born, you weren't one, right? You were zero. So at the end of that first year, you turned one. Am I making any sense? No? Sorry. Ask a parent to explain it. Note: This means I am officially one day into my twelfth year! Awesome!

Here's a list of what my family and I have done so far to celebrate.

 The night before: We did a campout in the living room and lit a fire. Mommy made cinnamon rolls.

Birthday morning: Once everyone was awake, we lit another fire and had the rolls. They were my "cake"--here's a picture. 
No, I'm not going to tell you what I wished for. I forgot to make one (gasp!) and if I told you, it wouldn't come true.

After cinnamon rolls/cake, I opened my presents. I got:

 THE. MOST. ADORABLE. STUFFED. OCTOPUS. EVER.
Her name is Ollie, and she says hi. Well, in actuality, she says dsfergjuyhklo;po89.

Another GIANTmicrobe: Giardiasis. (Many thanks to Aunt U. and Uncle K.!)
He says hi too!

Okay, okay, fine. He actually says hgjhgbvfdrtyuhjgfdert786545.

A cute shamrock necklace. On the package, it says: "wear this necklace and luck will come to you".


A pan for "Treatwiches". I think they're supposed to be like rectangular whoopie pies. 

My own rock climbing harness with raspberry-color accents. (I've come a long way since Sportrock. Subject for another post.) 
And last but most certainly NOT least, chocolate with sea salt and bits of toffee. It even came in a cute box!
Later, my maternal grandparents came over and we had some cinnamon rolls. From them I got a book about bird watching and some Shakespeare stuff.

A little while after they left, I went out selling Girl Scout cookies with Kathy, Mommy, and Daddy. When I got back, there was a birthday card from my paternal grandparents, and a bunch of happy birthday e-mails. Also a video e-card (thanks, Miss Dawn!). 

For dinner, we're going out to Ariake, that sushi restaurant where my taste buds traveled to Japan.

I have had such a fun birthday so far! Whoever sent me something or did something to make this day special, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for having a birthday! I love celebrating with you. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading about your birthday made me smile. We had a good time picking that microbe for you. What a lovely 11th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so welcome! i'm glad to know you had such a good day. LOVE the stuffies!

    diana loves the fact that when we celebrate the lunar new year, we all recognize our one-year-olderness on the same day.

    ReplyDelete